An Advertising agency is an organisation whose business consists in the acquisition of the right to use space of time in advertising media and the administration of behalf of the advertisers of advertising appropriations made by them. It renders advice and creative services for its clients. It does not sell any tangible products, but sells creative talents and past experience. Thus it is an organisation specially created for rendering services in advertising.
The services of an advertising agency in general can be summarized as follows:
- It makes the advertisements pleasant and serves the purpose.
- It can get the advertisements published at the appropriate times.
- It can help the advertiser in the preparation of the advertising budget.
- It can free the advertiser from the botheration of contacting the media owners of all types as and when necessary.
- It can do market research for the advertiser at a lesser cost.
- It can also help the advertiser in designing the trade mark, packages and labels and wrappers for the goods to be sold. It can do all types of jobs connected with the printing work.
- It can do sales promotion work.
- It can design window displays and arrange for a systematic change in the arrangement of the things in the windows from time to time.
Manufacturers cannot look after all the promotional activities especially under the principle of specialization. Organisations with adequate financial resources set up a separate department for this purpose. Such an arrangement would be beyond the reach of medium or small scale producers.… Read the rest